“Rowland Hill is an inclusive, supportive Nursery School and Children’s Centre in which all children and their families can make positive relationships, learn together, grow in confidence & self respect and be happy.”
Be seen as a Centre of Excellence thus:
- Providing children with the highest quality nursery curriculum & giving staff the opportunity of career development & satisfaction.
- Be recognised as a major influence within the Local Authority as a model for Inclusion.
- Represent all that is best about multi-agency working so that Health & Children’s Services together respond to local community needs.
Rowland Hill actively promotes the fundamental values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths or beliefs. These are interpreted by our youngest children as learning right from wrong; learning to take turns and share; and challenging negative views and stereotypes. We do not promote views and theories that are contrary to established scientific or historical evidence and explanations.
- Children have the right to learn together
- All children are unique and should have the opportunity to celebrate and value their own and others endeavour
- All children should have equal access to resources
- Respect for each other
- Support all colleagues
- Recognising each person’s unique qualities and maximising them
- Proactive approach
- Qualified staff for quality interaction
- A commitment to disseminating our practice
A Quality Child-Centred Curriculum
- Children learn best through play, talk and meaningful first-hand experiences
- Through play a child can explore, imagine and socialise
Positive Impact on Society
- Recognising each child has the right to be valued for whoever they are
- Each child’s contribution is essential for the enrichment of the community
- Children are encouraged to understand each others feelings and to help one another
- We aim to help each child develop a sense of self-respect, self-confidence, self-discipline and an awareness of and sensitivity to the needs and beliefs of others
- Education is a continuous process that starts at birth and involves the home, the community and the school
- We work with parents and carers, valuing their knowledge and expertise
- We value the expertise of other professionals and welcome the opportunity to share our professional knowledge.